Learn how to make your own video films
“This was a super course and for someone who has never put together a digital video before I have now made my first video which I will upload this evening – VERY excited! And REALLY excited about doing more videos in the future. Thank you to Eden Lighthouse (Nigel and Jaki) for running the course. Highly recommended!!!”
One-day video workshop
Join us on our one-day training workshop and you’ll learn all the basics of creating your own effective short films. The workshop is designed to encourage you to get out there and try it for yourself. We’ll also show examples of how video could be used effectively in your organisation, and how to upload and share your videos for maximum impact.
Bringing these additional skills into your organisation will greatly strengthen your ability to communicate with your audiences.
Videos are a great way to liven up your website and social media, or demonstrate your products or services. Now you can make video a regular part of your marketing mix, applying the knowledge you’ll gain from our workshop.
Next course: November 2015
Be the first to hear about dates and offers: Join our mailing list
What you’ll learn
Planning Your Project:
- How to use online video for your organisation
- What’s the story? – Planning a project, including identifying your audience and objectives, and storyboarding your message
- Choosing your video capture equipment, including cameras, microphones and tripods
- Obtaining necessary permissions for filming, including use of media consent forms
Capturing Your Video:
- Basic camera functions
- Types of video shots for different situations
- Capturing audio
- Interview techniques
- Filming tips for good results
Editing & Using Your Footage:
- Common video editing software applications (Mac & PC)
- Basics of non-linear editing, including arranging and storing your material, creating clips, editing a sequence, adding simple cuts and transitions, and adding text / graphics / music
- Final video production and upload to media share channels
Meet your trainer
For the past 8 years, I’ve been making engaging films based in Cumbria, working with a range of local businesses, charities, communities and civic groups.
I‘ve also got 20 years’ experience in planning and presenting a wide variety of training courses worldwide for a multinational engineering business.
My training style is light-hearted and interactive, aimed at creating an enjoyable and stimulating experience for all delegates. My aim is to bring film-making to life for you, so you’ll see lots of relevant examples throughout the course to prompt discussion and arm you with ideas.
“Huge thanks to both Nigel and Jaki for a great workshop on making your own video films and how to use them in business. It was a really interesting course, very well structured and encouraging some really good discussions.”